Who we are
Our website address is: https://cyclesafe.com.
5211 Cascade Rd SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect and process the personal information about you including information:
- that you provide by filling out forms on our website
- that you provide when you use our services as a customer
- received in correspondence that you send to us
- received during certain calls to and from us
- concerning your visits to our website (including but not limited to traffic data) and the resources you access
- from a supplier relationship, if you are a supplier of ours
How we use your personal data
The way we process your personal data we collect as set out above varies depending on our relationship with you. In each case the purposes for which we request the information will be clear from the context in which it is acquired. These include:
- providing our services to you or an entity for which you work
- verifying your identity
- keeping a record of the products you have requested from us and delivery of products you may have requested
- administration, billing and record-keeping purposes
- communicating with you by telephone, email, fax or post
- meeting our legal, regulatory and contractual obligations arising from our relationship with you (for example under anti-money laundering legislation)
- providing and improving customer service and support
- administering our Website, enhancing operational capabilities and for internal operations
- verifying or enforcing compliance with this Notice and applicable laws
- to inform you of developments that may affect you or to inform you of other products, service or events which we think may be of interest to you (unless you have opted out of receiving such marketing communications)
CycleSafe collects personal information when you submit one of our contact forms.
The possible data that you the user would give us is your company name, your name, email, phone, project name, business type, and address. We use this information to fill out a profile in Act! marketing and advertising, our contact database and if you chose to subscribe to our newsletter, send out marketing information. You may choose to unsubscribe from our subscription at any time, and redact your contact information from our database if you so wish.
The CycleSafe website uses the WooCommerce ecommerce platform. To fulfill purchases, we collect your name, shipping address, email address, and phone number.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
CycleSafe uses Google Analytics to collect data about your activities that does not personally or directly identify you when you visit our website. This information may include the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, the products you purchase, or your location information associated with your IP address. We use the information we collect to better understand the usage of the CycleSafe website. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser. See the summary of Google Analytics’ data practices and commitment to protecting the confidentiality and security of data.
Who we share your data with
Our Act! contact database is used by CycleSafe employees for only business purposes.
We only disclose your personal information to another person or organization where we:
- need to share the information you provide a product or service you have requested.
- need to share the information to persons or organizations that work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you. Where such a person or organization
- does work on our behalf we will ensure that they are contractually required to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal
- information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information and only use the information in order to provide a product or service on our behalf.
- are required to disclose the information in order to comply with the law or the requirements of a regulatory authority.
Our legal basis for using your personal data
Our use of your personal data as outlined above is subject to different legal bases for processing, including where necessary for:
- the purposes of the performance of any contract we enter into with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you
- our legitimate interests, for example in providing services to an entity you work for, managing and monitoring our website operation, preventing fraud and for our business compliance purposes
- compliance with our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
If you do not agree to provide your personal data to us we may not be able to provide you with services or process your application for other services. Where our use of your data is not necessary for one of the purposes outlined above we may use it in a particular way with your consent. Where we ask for your consent you are free to refuse our use of your personal data for those purposes and you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details set out below. This shall not affect the lawfulness of any processing that was based on your consent before you withdrew it.
How long we retain your data
We will retain your personal information for a minimum of six years and so long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained and in accordance with our legal obligations and follow our data destruction policy and processes thereafter.
Beyond this, here is a list of rights to your data you also have. Please note this list of rights do not apply in all circumstances.
- Right of access – subject to certain exceptions, you have the right of access to your personal data that we hold.
- Right to rectify your personal information – if you discover that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have this information rectified (i.e. corrected).
- Right to be forgotten – you may ask us to delete information we hold about you in certain circumstances. This right is not absolute and it may not be possible for us to delete the information we hold about you, for example, if we have an ongoing contractual relationship or are required to retain information to comply with our legal obligations.
- Right to restriction of processing – in some cases you may have the right to have the processing of your personal information restricted. For example, where you contest the accuracy of your personal information, its use may be restricted until the accuracy is verified.
- Right to object to processing – you may object to the processing of your personal information (including profiling) when it is based upon our legitimate interests. You may also object to the processing of your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing and for the purposes of statistical analysis.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to receive, move, copy or transfer your personal information to another controller when we are processing your personal information based on consent or on a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
We may also provide information to our vendors in order to better serve you as a customer.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collect aggregate information for us to use. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
CycleSafe takes great care to ensure the security of our website and your personal information. Only authorised personnel and contractors have access to your information. We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we protect your data
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Notice at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our website.