Short-Term Bike Parking
Short-term bicycle parking is usually defined as being two hours or less, such as public bike racks outside a store, park, or school. Common examples of short-term bike parking are the bike U rack and the bike corral.
Short-Term Bike Parking Guidelines
- Should be visible from, and close to, the entrance it serves. Usually within 50 feet.
- May be used by infrequent visitors, so the bike parking should be self-explanatory and easy to use.
- Locating in areas of high pedestrian activity, and in lighted areas, can discourage vandalism or theft.
- Covered bike racks can encourage use.
- Short-term bike parking is also known as Class II bike parking (or Class 2, or Class Two).