CycleSafe’s high-strength, compression-molded structural composite fiberglass produces a virtually indestructible product with a life span measured in decades, not years.
Fiberglass Composite Bike Lockers
- Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) is a closed-molded compression process that produces uniform parts forged with heat and pressure for increased impact strength and puncture resistance with molded ribs and bosses for the highest security.
- SMC offers the structural strength of steel with 30% less weight, has a high surface hardness, and is UV and fire-resistant. Also allows for easy breakdown and relocation.
- Integral base color. No painting is necessary so color will not delaminate, chip, or fade.
- SMC uses a closed compression molding process to control VOC emissions, for a greener manufacturing process.
- SMC is a corrosion-free material that stands up to harsh environments, and will not conduct heat, cold, or electricity as with metal lockers.
- The extended life of SMC composites gives a high return on investment.
Metal Bike Lockers
- Metal bike lockers are very heavy, which makes shipping expensive and relocation difficult.
- On hot days, the interior of a metal bike locker can get very hot, which can harm bicycle components or accessories.
- Metal bike lockers can have sharp edges which can be a safety concern.
- Rather than transparent panels, many metal bike lockers come with perforations that can allow water and insect entry.
Bike Locker Comparison
|Metal Lockers||Fiberglass SMC Lockers|
|Will not rust or dent||✔|
|Will not conduct heat||✔|
|40+ year product life||✔|