In 1985, when St. Paul, Minnesota first decided to improve its transit system and promote the use of alternative transportation, its Metro Commuter Services installed 55 CycleSafe bike lockers at several park-and-ride lots. These lockers, with storage bins, keep bikes and cyclists’ gear safe, secure, and protected from inclement weather. As reported in American City & County magazine’s “Lockers let bicyclists commute worry-free“, the initial lockers were so well-received that, in 2001, 120 additional CycleSafe bike lockers were installed throughout the city at places such as government buildings, Metro State University and the city’s museum. The most recent installation of bike lockers was paid for with Federal Aid Preservation Funds to promote active, healthy lifestyles while preserving air quality and energy conservation.
- Employee Perks: How to Convince Your Employer to Install Secure Bike Parking
- Bike Parking Layout and Design Dimensions
- Reduce Your Parking Lot Footprint with Bike Lockers
- Richard Hartger, CEO of CycleSafe, on Movatic Access for Bike Lockers
- CycleSafe Innovates with App for Bike Locker Rental and Payment